As public conversations concerning the coronavirus illness
(COVID-19) turns into extra obvious, some kids could also be elevating questions.
Dad and mom, relations, college employees and different trusted adults play an
vital position in serving to kids make sense of the illness and assist them to
We now have summarized some suggestions from the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention (CDC) on the right way to discuss with kids concerning the coronavirus.
Stay calm and reassuring.
Kids will react to each what you say and the way you say it.
They are going to decide up on cues from the conversations you’ve with them and with
Make time to pay attention
Reassure them that if they’ve any questions they’ll come
to you and ask.
Keep away from language the
would possibly blame others and result in a stigma.
The virus could make anybody sick no matter their race or
ethnicity. Keep away from making assumptions about who might need COVID-19.
Take note of what
kids see or hear via media.
Assist scale back the quantity of display time centered on the illness
within the media. An excessive amount of protection can result in a toddler having anxiousness.
on a regular basis actions to take to forestall the unfold of germs.
- Remind them to avoid individuals coughing or
- Remind them to cough or sneeze right into a tissue and
throw it into the trash.
- Maintain your arms out of your mouth, nostril, and
eyes. This can assist maintain germs out of your physique.
- Educate them to clean their arms with cleaning soap and
water for no less than 20 seconds. Comply with these 5 steps—moist, lather (make
bubbles), scrub (rub collectively), rinse and dry. You may sing the “Joyful
Birthday” music twice.
- Educate them the right way to use hand sanitizer. (Ought to
comprise no less than 60% alcohol)
Info for discussions
- COVID-19 is the brief identify for “coronavirus illness 2019.” It’s a new virus. Medical doctors and scientists are nonetheless studying about it.
- Just lately, this virus has made lots of people sick. Scientists and docs suppose that most individuals might be okay, particularly children, however some individuals would possibly get fairly sick.
- Medical doctors and well being consultants are working onerous to assist individuals keep wholesome.
For extra info on the coronavirus go to https://www.coronavirus.gov