When’s the final time you gave your self a efficiency overview? Ask these questions repeatedly to trace your profession progress.
I used to be so nervous the primary time I had an annual overview.
(And bonus: In the event you do have a proper annual overview, you possibly can reply these questions beforehand—you’re certain to impress your boss together with your preparation!)
Listed here are some nice inquiries to ask your self as you overview your work efficiency:
ANNUAL REVIEW, DIY EDITION
- What are the three accomplishments that I’m most happy with?
- What was the final time I made my boss say “wow”? (This one’s impressed by Kate White.)
- How can I be larger, bolder, and extra badass subsequent yr? (Additionally impressed by Kate!)
- What are three of my largest strengths?
- What are three areas the place I’ve improved over the previous yr?
- What are the three areas the place I’ve probably the most room for enchancment? What are some motion steps I can take to enhance every?
- What was a “mistake” I made this yr and the way can I stop it sooner or later?
- What would my splendid development trajectory (i.e., increase, promotion, new title) be for the following yr?
- Do I see myself at this firm within the subsequent two to 5 years? If sure, what position would I wish to have by then? If no, what expertise ought to I study within the meantime that can assist me get employed at my subsequent job?
- What are three issues I can do exterior of labor that can enhance my efficiency at work (e.g., lessons, books, establishing a morning routine, running a blog)?