On June 20 in 2016, Benish Khan gave delivery to her first baby, a child known as Amelia, in theatre eight of Sydney’s Bankstown Hospital.
Her accomplice, Danial Khan, was so excited, he started capturing the milestone second on movie, recording the primary few second of their new child’s life.
What the brand new dad and mom didn’t know was that one 12 months earlier than, in 2015, a tragic error of negligence had occurred throughout an improve on the hospital. When new medical gasoline traces have been being put in, one line was labelled as oxygen, however in truth was related to a tank of nitrous oxide.
Because it unfolded, as captured on Danial’s digicam, their baby was ostensibly receiving oxygen, however was as a substitute inhaling nitrous oxide. The masks – pumping poising into her tiny physique – was suffocating child Amelia, leaving her with out oxygen on and off for at the least an hour.
It left little Amelia with irreversible mind injury, and she or he is now in fixed want of high-level care.
“We stay filled with hope for Amelia’s future however we fear for her and wish to do every thing we are able to to ensure she has the most effective life she presumably can,” the younger couple mentioned in a press release on the time, because the tragedy made nationwide headlines.
“It is devastating as a mum or dad to be instructed that your treasured daughter has suffered everlasting mind injury,” they added.